Is your church tracking the maintenance of your facility? If so, are you still using paper/pencil, sticky notes, Excel, or even smoke signals? It is time to step into the 21st Century, especially considering we are almost 25% through it.
The Importance of a CMMS
The online maintenance tracking software we will refer to in the sections below is Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). We compiled six reasons for your review to help you understand why online maintenance tracking is essential.
- Organization: Don’t let your work orders don't slip through the cracks. You will be far more efficient with an online dashboard to track and prioritize tasks.
- Scalability: You can make it easier for your staff to submit work orders. They can send in requests via text, email, etc. Even if staff leaves, the submissions remain in the system.
- Historical Data/Records: By keeping requests online through a CMMS, you can see historical records and analytics to make predictive decisions.
- Automated Reminders: You can receive automatic reminders when preventative maintenance needs to be performed. This will help you to extend the life of your facility.
- Future Generations/Not If But When: We can manage our facility like we have the past 20 years. Or we can set the future generation up for success in the next 20 years.
- Stewardship: Without a proper maintenance plan, you are not stewarding what God has entrusted you with.
Take These Reasons and Run
We could have listed that last point exclusively and called it a day. Facility Stewardship is the real reason for being proactive with what God has entrusted to you. We recommend using these points to help you talk to your team and leadership about why this is so important. To learn more about eSPACE’s CMMS, please click HERE to set up a no-obligation discovery call with our team.