Christmas is over, and 2022 is in the rearview mirror. Many of us have set New Year resolutions, goals, and commitments. Many that we hope we will all keep throughout 2023.
As our team at Smart Church Solutions looks forward to what God has in store for us this year, we anticipate several exciting endeavors. Yes, Christmas has passed. But part of me feels like a kid again, waiting to unwrap what is in front of us. I have such excitement and anticipation. I envision even greater facility stewardship opportunities for the churches we serve and will serve.
What We Are Excited About
A new year presents new opportunities and challenges. Here are some new things our team is working on for you in 2023. We hope you are just as excited about them as we are.
This new module is going to revolutionize church facility stewardship. From early detection monitoring to power consumption monitoring to predictive maintenance (PdM), this module will help your facility staff be even more efficient and intentional with the stewardship and management of the facilities entrusted to them.
Operational Cost Tracker
We have built a new module that will provide the ability to track and analyze energy and utility consumption. With this enhancement, you can add your utility bills, energy consumption, peak demand costs, etc. It will also provide flexibility to track most, if not all, of your recurring operational costs, including:
- Natural Gas
- Water and sewer
- Cell phone
- Landline phone
Our team continues to lead the way for churches in providing intentional facility stewardship assessments, onsite training, and education. This year will be no exception. We are enhancing our offerings to include the following:
- Comprehensive Onsite Facility Condition Assessments: These are by far the most informative assessments available to churches, with actionable information on how best to steward their facilities, operation costs, deferred maintenance, life safety, capital reserve, staffing, and more.
- “Virtual” Facility Health Assessment: Not every church needs a comprehensive assessment like the above. But they need a snapshot of reality. This tool will give your church a high-level picture of some critical items to provide your leadership with data to make informed decisions.
- DI4U (Do It For You): For many years, our team has heard from church leaders that see the value in utilizing Facility Management/Work Order Management software. We do not recall having a church tell us they don’t see value in stewarding their facility. Instead, the common plea from churches is, “Help! We don’t have the time or expertise to get started!” Our DI4U is a detailed onsite process to help your team set up your eSPACE Work Order & Asset Management module, Life Cycle Calculator, best practice workflows, and more. Plus, onsite and follow-up training for you and your staff.
Wait, There’s More
Along with everything listed above, we have the following items on our Road Map for 2023:
- Enhancements to several ChMS application integrations
- Creating work orders from native text messages
- Soft delete of events with the ability to undelete and uncancel
- Sorting on the dashboard
- Show location and department/approval areas on the grid
- Optimize the Google Calendar integration (It's become quite popular.)
- Setup report: Add the day of the week and give the option to select “Setup Date” order on the output options of the report
- SSO enhancements
- Ability to convert equipment to vehicles
- Analytics: Updating utilization charts in our Event Scheduler
- Ability to resend a receipt/ticket to the registrant for an event
- Enhanced security
2023, We Are Ready For You
In turn, our team will be very busy in 2023, equipping you to be the most effective facility steward possible. We look forward to hearing how you benefit from these tools in the coming year.