The final week of Christmas seems always to be a mad dash to wrap up shopping. People frantically scatter through malls and shopping centers to find that last-minute present. Utter. Chaos.
Lucky for you, we have our gift ready for you this year. Christmas is coming early at Smart Church Solutions, as we have rounded up our top free resources of 2021 and compiled them into one single blog.
We hope the tools linked below serve you well as you reflect on 2021 and plan for 2022. Merry Christmas to all and all, happy stewarding!
What exactly is church facility management software? Is it the same thing as event management software? What different headaches can church facility management software solve? Learn all of these things in our new eBook, Church Facility Management Software: What It Is and How It Can Help.
This eBook outlines topics such as the following:
- What facility management software is and how it can help your organization
- The differences between event management and facility management
- Why event management and facility management software should be integrated
- Features that you should look for in church facility management software
Where do you start when it comes to church facility budgeting? This question has risen to the top of many inquiries we receive at Smart Church Solutions. That’s why Tim Cool wrote this eBook to provide you with specific steps and considerations for budgeting.
Here is what is inside:
- Where to begin your church facility budgeting journey
- Overspending and underspending
- Practical steps so that you can actually put several practices in place
- Personalization of your church facility budget
- Additional resources to support you
Onward, and happy budgeting!
Why would we put off a task today that we can go into debt for tomorrow? There are several things church facility managers can pay attention to be ahead of breakdowns, leaks, and tears. Below is a list of some of the items we should consider as a baseline for maintaining a facility.
- Custodial: Scheduled regular cleaning for all areas of the facility (inside and outside).
- HVAC: Change filters, perform preventative maintenance, etc.
- Electrical: Comply with electrical codes, childproofed outlets, etc.
- Painting: Schedule paint touch-ups or complete repainting before you need them.
- Landscaping: Schedule regular grounds upkeep, outdoor signage maintenance, etc.
- Parking lot: Paint stripes, fix cracks or potholes, etc.
- Roof: Inspect the roof annually and after potential damage.
While you are off to a good start, our team has created a downloadable checklist so you can be even more successful. You are capable of stewarding what God has given you – onward!
Have you ever been part of a conversation with seasoned experts in their field, and you felt like they were speaking a foreign language? We see this a lot in the world of facility management and stewardship, especially for those new to this sector of the church world. Or for those with limited exposure, the terms that get tossed around by contractors, vendors, warranty manuals, blueprints, trade magazines, and textbooks can be confusing. We feel your pain!
Therefore, we have compiled a very detailed glossary of facility management terms. Fair warning: This is a huge list, so do not let it overwhelm you. Take it word-by-word.
Smart Church Solutions performed a Church Facility Operations Benchmarking Assessment to evaluate how churches of comparable size and operational tempos perform. Data collection occurred through a survey sent nationally through multiple outlets. We measured these items in terms of the square footage of the facilities across hundreds of churches in the United States.