I am going to go all analytical on you, so buckle up. But stay with me; you will want to learn how to save your church over $5,000 annually per full-time facility staff member.
We conducted a Church Facility Operations Benchmarking Report in 2020 and surveyed eSPACE subscribers earlier this year. We recently dissected the data from both reports and gathered data that you may find compelling. Our findings are especially effective for those looking to either save money or get their current staff to accomplish more tasks.
Let’s Look at the Numbers
In our 2022 eSPACE subscriber survey, we asked the following: “How much time are you saving NOW because you use eSPACE.” The top three responses were:
- A lot
- Several hours a week
- A few hours a week
Based on “few” and “several,” which both tend to mean more than three, we believe that, at a minimum, facility staff personnel are saving at least three hours a week by using eSPACE. Since this survey was by person and not an organization, it is reasonable to assume that this is a savings of time per team member. That could add up.
Next, we looked at a question in the benchmark report: “How many hours a week do you spend HVAC controls weekly?” The report showed about 1 hour/week for 50% of the respondents, while the other 50% varied from 1-6+ hours. Based on the percentages of each response group, we believe their average is 3-4 hours. We then sought personal information from churches using the eSAPCE HVAC Integration and heard responses saved about 4 hours a week.
Our Conclusion: Time Saved is Stewardship
So what does this mean for these churches? Here are our conclusions:
- Using eSPACE should save your team more than three hours a week per person.
- 3 hours x $18/hour (assumed facility staff pay rate) = $54 x 52 weeks = $2,808 per person annually
- If your team has 3 people = $8,424
- If you add eSPACE HVAC Integration, your team could save an additional 3 hours.
- 3 hours x $18/hour = $54 x 52 weeks = $2,808 per person annually
- If you have a church with only one person, you could save $5,616 annually in redeemed time to invest in activities that may be neglected, causing deferred maintenance.
- If you have one full-time equivalent earning $18/ hours = $37,440 annually, this redeemed time adds 15% more time to your single person.
You need one full-time equivalent for every 35,000 SF to maintain your facility properly. That savings in time is equivalent to having 1 FTE for every 40,250 SF. That helps you be more efficient in stewarding your facility with less personnel.
- Since most churches are significantly understaffed, this FTE change to build SF should make your team more efficient.
Let all of the above sink in. Suppose you use an effective Computer Maintenance Maintenance System (CMMS) to manage your facility and integrate your event management calendar into your HVAC systems. (Both can be done with eSPACE). In that case, you could increase your operational staffing efficiency by about 15%, not to mention the potential, and highly likely, energy and utility savings.
This would be a win-win, don’t you think? Book a demo with us today to learn more about how eSPACE can help you steward your time and resources.