Patrick Hart, our Facilities Stewardship Specialist, recently wrote a great blog about not going it alone as a facility steward. He outlined the need for others from a personal and spiritual perspective and provided some very practical suggestions. He also listed organizations that can support you and conferences that are available in 2022.
Today, I want to hone in on one he mentioned: the Church Facility Management Conference that our team will be hosting on September 13-14. The conference will be held 100% virtually. And it will be held only half of the day on both days. With the skyrocketing cost of gasoline and travel coupled with the fact that many of you cannot be away from your facilities, we have decided to keep the conference virtual again in 2022. This may even be the new normal.
If you and/or your team are looking for an opportunity to learn more about facility stewardship, this conference may be just what the doctor ordered. We are packing each half-day with workshops led by best-in-class speakers. We will cover a broad set of topics that will have very practical applications for you as you further develop your initiatives.
Below is the agenda for both days:
Church Facility Management Conference: Day 1
- 12:00pm-12:30pm: Conference Introduction / Devotion with Josh Blackson from Elevation Church
- 12:35pm-1:30pm: The Four Elements of Facility Stewardship with Tim Cool, Smart Church Solutions
- 1:40pm-2:35pm: Energy Management for Churches, The No-Cost Opportunities with Colby May of Lit Consulting
- 2:40pm-3:00pm: Break / Networking
- 3:15pm-4:00pm: SOPs with Chris Barron, Executive Director of NACFM
- 4:05pm-5:00pm: Knowing Your Why with Patrick Hart, Smart Church Solutions
- 5:05pm-5:20pm: End of Day One
- 5:30pm-6:30pm: Bonus Session Organizer AMA (Ask Me Anything)
Church Facility Management Conference: Day 2
- 12:00pm-12:30pm: Day Two Introduction
- 12:35pm-1:30pm: Emergency Action Planning with Simon Osamoh of Kingswood Security Consulting
- 1:40pm-2:35pm: Top Two Dirty Words in Church…Your Building with Nathan Parr, Smart Church Solutions
- 2:40pm-3:00pm: Whova Ho-down
- 3:15pm-4:00pm: Crash Course for Facilities Technology that Doesn’t Crash with Elliott Wood, Enable Resources
- 4:05pm-5:00pm: An Inside Look of a Facility Condition Assessment led by the Smart Church Solutions team
- 5:05pm-5:20pm: End of Day Two and wrap up
You won’t want to miss this year’s conference. To register you and your team, click HERE. It is only $55 to attend — maybe the best money you spend all year.
See you then!