(Free Download Below)
It is exciting to see many parts of our culture, society and world taking steps to a semblance of normality. It is time. We all need to feel like we are making progress and moving toward the goal of re-opening all aspects of our social, spiritual, personal and professional/business lives.
This process will not be "fast" and will bring with it a myriad of complexities and ways of doing things that may feel intrusive and awkward.
- How do we re-open our church facilities and still be cognizant of social distancing?
- Will we sit next to people in worship or do we add space between seats/pews?
- What about our sacred Sunday AM coffee stations?
- Do we open our children's ministries?
- What needs to be done to protect our congregation when utilizing the restrooms?
- Will ushers need to wear gloves and masks?
- How will we do offering?
- Do we have a detailed plan for cleaning and sanitizing our facility between services...and is our team trained on the same?
- Will the pastor still greet people as they leave the facility?
- How will we keep proper social distancing in the lobby?
- Can people park next to each other?
- Will we need to add more services to accommodate fewer seats in the worship center?
These are just the tip of the iceberg of questions every church needs to consider. While our team is Facility Stewardship and Management experts, many of these questions can ONLY be addressed at the local church level.
However, our team has developed a free tool to provide you the right questions to be asking. These questions and considerations need to be addressed by your leadership and the right steps taken. This pandemic is not over...even if it is waning...so we must be responsible and prudent to protect our congregation and guests.