A couple weeks ago we posted a blog entitled "The Temporary Normal" which really resonated with many of you. As we discussed, much of what was the old normal...will come full circle and be normal once again. Some won't...but that is for another day.
So...are you ready?
Our team has been working diligently to develop content, tools, and the like to help you all get ready. COVID-19 took most of us by surprise...I get that. But getting back to normal should NOT. We have had...and continue to have...ample time for planning. Remember the old adage - "We don't plan to fail, we fail to plan."
For some more great resources on reopening your facility, our friends at Brotherhood Mutual wrote on our Post COVID-19 Facility Checklist as well as some additional preventative maintenance information to dig into.
As I have been providing consultation, tools and resources to churches during this Shelter In Place order (and the closure of our churches), I have concern that many, if not most of our churches will not be amply prepared to reopen their doors. Let's take a minute and start to compile some areas that we really need to be considering:
- How is your inventory of paper products? Seeing we still have some time before reopening, now may be a great time to confirm quantity and reorder.
- Same applies for your cleaning products, chemicals, soap, etc.
- Have you already done the things we suggested in our previous blog? If not...what are you waiting for?!?!
- Has your grass been cut?
- Are you sure all your doors and windows are still locked?
- Have you driven through the parking lot to see if there is any trash build up?
- Have you checked your dumpster to make sure others are not abusing the use of it?
- Have you driven around the church after dark to make sure your facility is still well lit? Evil hates the light.
There are so many more things we can be doing to protect what God has entrusted to us...and there is so much we will need to do to be ready for re-opening. In fact, our team of facility management professionals are working on a tool to assist you in this process which we hope will be ready very shortly so you can be efficient, effective and INTENTIONAL with the re-opening process.
Make sure to check back in next week to see how we are progressing.
Stay safe, healthy and encouraged! We are cheering you on.